PRIVACY AND COOKIES
At RCI Bank we care about your privacy, and your data.
We're committed to keeping your personal information safe and confidential both online and offline, and treating any information you give us fairly and lawfully.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as updated from time to time, and other applicable privacy laws.
Applying for an account
When you apply for an account online, before we save or use your data, we'll tell you how your information will be used in our data protection statement and in the relevant terms and conditions. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood these before your application can proceed. We may pass your details to a recognised credit reference agency to help process your application.
We might occasionally send you information about accounts and services which we think would be of interest to you, if you confirmed this. If you'd like to change your preferences, you can do so at any time by getting in touch or through internet banking.
Contacting us by phone
You can call our team on 0330 2000 300. To help us improve our service we may record and monitor calls. Calls are charged at local rate.
Contacting us by email
When you email us, we collect some personal details like your name, address and phone numbers. Email isn't 100% secure - so we advise that you keep personal information to a minimum. With this in mind, don't transmit account information using email.
Emails are stored on our standard internal contact systems which are secure and can't be accessed by external parties. We store this information for an indefinite period of time in order to identify trends.
Obtaining a copy of your information and correcting mistakes
If we hold information about you, you can request to be provided with a copy of this and to have any inaccuracies corrected where necessary. A copy of this can be requested by email or telephone.
To find out more about your information rights visit the website of the Information Commissioner at: www.ico.org.uk
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet.
The cookies we use
- To monitor and manage our website experience.
- To understand how our advertising campaigns and promotions are working, to improve our site design, offers and promotions. No information is passed to third parties.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help the RCI Bank website remember what you chose on the previous page and avoids the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the site.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device after you have visited our website. For example, if you use the 'Remember my User ID' when logging onto Internet Banking. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
None of the cookies we use on our website, contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
How to control and delete cookies
To disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use, but we've provided some information on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu 'Tools' then 'Internet options'
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting.
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu 'Tools' then 'Options'
- Click on the icon 'Privacy'
- Find the menu 'Cookie' and select the relevant options.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu 'Files' > 'Preferences'
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If disable cookies, you won't be prevented from opening an account online