Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet.
The cookies we use
- To monitor and manage our website experience.
- To understand how our advertising campaigns and promotions are working, to improve our site design, offers and promotions. No information is passed to third parties.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help the RCI Bank website remember what you chose on the previous page and avoids the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the site.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device after you have visited our website. For example, if you use the 'Remember my User ID' when logging onto Internet Banking. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
None of the cookies we use on our website, contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
How to control and delete cookies
To disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use, but we've provided some information on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu 'Tools' then 'Internet options'
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting.
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu 'Tools' then 'Options'
- Click on the icon 'Privacy'
- Find the menu 'Cookie' and select the relevant options.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu 'Files' > 'Preferences'
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If disable cookies, you won't be prevented from opening an account online