The tax strategy and tax policies of our UK group.
- The UK Group is committed to acting with integrity and transparency in all tax matters.
- Our tax strategy and policies require that we fully comply with the letter and spirit of UK tax law.
- We make timely and accurate tax returns that reflect our fiscal obligations to Governments.
- We aim for certainty on tax positions and our policy is not to make interpretations of tax law that are opposed to its original spirit.
- To support us in ensuring that we have interpreted tax law and its spirit correctly, we seek advice from large accounting firms, legal firms and/or tax counsel as appropriate.
Our relationship with HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs)
- An important part of our tax strategy and policies is the maintenance and development of a strong, proactive working relationship with HMRC.
- We are transparent with HMRC and, in cases of interpretation or complexity, work with them on a real time basis to determine the amount of tax due.
- We understand the value of our financial reporting to customers, investors and other stakeholders.
- We work to provide enhanced, transparent and balanced disclosure in communicating our tax affairs.
- Tax is an integral part of the Finance function of the UK Group and the Financial Directors/CFOs of each of the UK-based companies have ultimate responsibility.
- Tax strategy and policies are reviewed on an on-going basis by the Board of Directors of each company.
- Tax strategy and policy issues are assessed on a case by case basis by the Financial Directors
- Day-to-day tax matters are delegated to the UK Group Tax Managers.